Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose a specialist reporting agency over a big firm?
- Evolve into an integrated and agile business that has identified its core strengths and weaknesses
- Risks and opportunities are logically examined (including environmental, social and governance)
- Effectively communicate your company’s strategy to investors and stakeholders
- Access new investment capital – at cheaper rates
- Improved ability to identify and respond successfully to business and market opportunities, risks and changes
- Better linkages of overall performance and executive compensation
- Competitive advantage through cost savings, operational efficiencies, brand differentiation and innovation (e.g. new product development)
- Improved stakeholder relations by understanding their needs and managing their expectations
- Improved compliance with existing and pending regulations and corporate governance requirements
- Enhanced performance reporting
- Streamlined reporting, externally and internally
Setting a benchmark price is difficult, unless the source material is complete and understood at the outset. The overall fee can vary widely based on the scope (how many factors and aspects are included) and the size of the business, particularly if it has subsidiaries.
A company’s initial report is often its most costly, with consequent reports usually cheaper due to being updated rather than redrafted from scratch.
The return on investment on reporting depends on how the company manages its findings. Those that use its findings to identify and pursue opportunities, side-step risks, cut costs and please their stakeholders will derive immense value from their reports.
Depending on size and complexity, corporate reports can take a month or up to six months to prepare, particularly if being done for the first time. Once a reporting process is established and information sources identified, reports can be prepared swiftly and with minimum fuss.
Why shouldn’t you just use in-house staff or write copy for yourself?
A professional writer will:
- take the time to focus exclusively on your project
- use their experience and knowledge to your advantage
- target writing for your intended audience
- project a consistent image throughout the writing
- help to develop ideas
- avoid clichés and overworked angles and find a fresh way of describing your information
- provide a second set of eyes
- identify missing material
- suggest ways to streamline your writing process
- understand the appropriate media for your needs
Hiring consultants and outside experts can save time and money. It also can increase competitiveness and professionalism.
A seasoned consultant is able to:
- provide a ‘short-cut’ to techniques, knowledge and information
- provide a professional service that does not exist in the organisation, or that is needed for a specified period of time
- provide solutions to specific challenges and situations
- validate ideas that have already been created in the organisation
- analyse, diagnose or criticise (constructively)
- facilitate the search for ideas and solutions with existing team members
- implement methodologies and systems that enhance efficiency and organisation
- access a network of professional business associates
- bring in an experienced outsider’s evaluation and point of view
- present, teach or implement ‘new’ business ideas and procedures
When considering corporate report writers, you may automatically jump to one of the familiar Big Five names. That might seem like your simplest and best choice initially, but other options may yield better final results for less expense.
Choosing a niche firm can provide these advantages:
- Custom, comprehensive solutions rather than pre-packaged answers
- Targeted efforts towards smaller projects instead of mega-deals, allowing for a higher level of attention you may desire
- Working one-on-one or with a small consulting team allows you to know the quality of the consultants working on your project, enabling easier connection
- Issues are resolved faster and possibly more creatively without the bureaucracy and inefficiencies often associated with larger firms
- Expertise-based consultants utilise their knowledge and deep competency to quickly gain traction on new projects
- Low-overhead, high-value pricing business model.